2017年6月19日月曜日

Essay 5: Correct Raiders Review

13116244
Kota Nozaki
Review of Raiders of the lost Ark
   I watched Raiders of the lost Ark. Raiders mean thieves and arks lost are the meanings of Jewish hidden treasures. It was the third time I saw this movie. However, it was difficult for me to watch it in English for the first time. English I listen through movies was different from English to listen to in class. At the beginning, I could hardly read subtitles in movies.
   Harrison Ford(Indiana Jones) at the time gave a young and cool impression. I realized that this movie is a work of Steven Spielberg. Overall, The movie was faithfully represented the state just before the WWII. For example, the existence of Gestapo that Arnold Ernst Tote (Ronald Lacey) plays and the appearance of U-boat. It can be said that the Arab world at that time was more peaceful than it was now. There were also places depicting the Arab race as barbarous existence. For example, often there are scenes of begging or nothing to think of murder.
   What I remembered very much in this movie is the existence of Nazi Germany. I heard that Nazi Germany in the 1930s had influence all over the world. I have heard that Nazis Germany was interested in South America. In the process Nazis is also characterized as being depicted as arrogant and cold existence. I saw several places to associate Nazi Germany with Judaism. In the map, the current Israel was written as Palestine at that time. There was depiction that Nazi Germany executives look down on Americans and handle women violently.
   Moreover, I noticed that life at that time did not differ much from that of 80 years later. This movie painted archeology as something very charming and cool. However, there were places that were shot somewhat miscellaneous.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿